How are the construction of student dormitories going?
1. According to the program approved by the Cabinet of Ministers, by 2026 a student dormitory for 100 thousand places will be built throughout the republic.
2. Since the adoption of the program, 55 dormitories for 26,171 places have been built and put into operation.
3. In 2023 alone, projects are being implemented across the country to build a total of 85 student dormitories for 38,633 places:
➖ 55 (24,621 places) public-private partnership;
➖ 30 (14,012 seats) on the basis of higher and budgetary financing, investment program.
4. By the end of this year, the construction of student dormitories for 18 thousand places provided for by the state program will be completed. In particular, over the past 9 months, 21 student dormitories with 9,014 beds have been put into operation. From this:
➖ 11 (4,942 seats) public-private partnership;
➖ 10 (4,072 places) were built at the expense of a higher educational institution.
5. By the end of the year, 20 more student dormitories with 9,469 beds will be built and put into operation. In particular, there are:
➖ 12 (5,429 seats) public-private partnership;
➖ 5 (2,400 places) funds of higher educational institutions;
➖ 3 (1,640 places) according to the investment program.
6. Currently, 54 student dormitories with 25,569 beds are under construction.
7. There are a total of 324 student dormitories in 115 state universities, with a capacity of 117,646 seats.
Source: Information service